Hope you all enjoyed last month’s presentation on security concerns and the demo by TheDailyCramp at Miami Shared. This month we will be once again be at MiamiShared, complete with pizzas and beers.
This month’s topic will be:
“Building and Scaling (really) Large WordPress Sites in the Cloud” by Jose Gonzalez of the Z Company. Learn from their experience building out WordPress sites for Yahoo! and others.
Learn more about Jose at http://thezcompany.com/
Giovanny Gutierrez will be demoing his new site ChatChow.tv, exploring the things he has learned, progress they have made, and his vision for ChatChow.
Learn more about Giovanny at http://chatchow.tv/
This month’s food and drinks are provided by TeckPert http://www.teckpert.com/
and Refresh Workshops http://refreshsfl-css3.eventbrite.com/
May 26 2011
990 Biscayne Blvd – OFFICE 501
Directions can be found here. http://www.miamishared.com/driving.html
Please RSVP on Facebook!
Startup Weekend is BACK! May 20-22
Startup Weekend is an intense 54 hour event which focuses on building a web or mobile application which could form the basis of a credible business over the course of a weekend. The weekend brings together people with different skillsets – primarily software developers, graphics designers and business people – to build applications and develop a commercial case around them.
This event is hosted by our friends at the LaunchPad at UM.
Use coupon code REFRESH to save $20
Refresh Workshop! CSS3 Now! with Denise Jacobs June 11
This hands-on workshop answers the question “Can I use CSS3 Now?” with an emphatic “Yes You Can!” CSS3 isn’t the future, it’s the present, and is ripe for the pickin’ and is ready to respond to display your sites in multiple devices right now. Yes, there will be a little code bloat. Yes, you have to institute fall-backs for older browsers. But don’t let the naysayers dissuade you: the pros far outweigh the cons.
This workshop will touch upon the gamut of CSS3 properties from colors, web fonts, and visual effects, to transitions, animations and media queries. If you aren’t yet using CSS3, this workshop will give you the inspiration and resources to go forth and implement the new properties with confidence.
This course is perfect for people who are already familiar with front-end development of websites with CSS and want to add to their skillset.
Join the ranks of the people pushing for change and start using the new CSS3 properties and attributes for true website styling power. You can believe the propaganda: CSS3 rocks! Join the revolution and start using CSS3 now!
What you’ll learn in the workshop:
- Most of the CSS3 selectors, properties and values
- How and where to employ CSS3 selectors, properties and values
- Use of the new, powerful CSS3 selectors that better target page elements
- Application of various CSS3 properties such as border-radius, @font-face, transform and transition, gradient, box- and text-shadow, opacity and rbga, etc.to achieve contemporary web design look-and-feels
- Use of transitions and animations to enhance interactivity and user-experience
- CSS3 cross-browser and graceful degradation coding techniques
- Concepts and approach to incorporating responsive design for viewing sites on multiple devices
- Great tools for generating CSS3 code and helper scripts for cross-browser compatibility
- Knowledge of and experience with HTML and CSS syntax and characteristics
- Knowledge of coding using web standards (separation of content and presentation)
- You must bring a laptop capable of connecting to wifi internet.
- Installations of the latest versions of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, IE9 and IE8 on their computers
- Preferred HTML and CSS editor. Instructor will be using a simple text editor.
Signup before May 31 and get early bird pricing only $75!